We’re pleased to announce a stellar line-up of leading figures in logistics, transportation and passenger travel. Appearing for the second year, our 2016 keynote speaker is Gen Darren McDew, Commander, US Transportation Command.
Other speakers and panelists include:
- Rick Boyle, Vice President, Commercial, Maersk Line, Ltd.
- Lt Gen Andrew Busch, Director, Defense Logistics Agency
- The Honorable Alan Estevez, Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology & Logistics
- Gen Carlton Everhart II, Commander, Air Mobility Command
- Rep. John Garamendi, 3rd District, California (invited)
- LTG Stephen Lyons, Deputy Commander, USTRANSCOM
- RADM Dee Mewbourne, Commander, Military Sealift Command
- Brad Nail, Senior Manager, Insurance and Public Policy, Uber
- MG Kurt Ryan, Commander, Surface Deployment & Distribution Command
- Dr. Loren Thompson, Chief Operating Officer, Lexington Institute
Don’t delay—join professionals in government, the military and private sector who support our nation’s warfighters. Take a look at our planned agenda and register today for the Fall Meeting.
Due to the fact the US Forces, 598th Transportation Brigade was relocated from Capelle a/d IJssel, The Netherlands to Kaiserslautern, Germany, there is limited interest in the NDTA organization in the Benelux at the moment.
Being the largest NDTA Chapter abroad NDTA-HQ has requested the chapter officers to keep the chapter alive, consequently we have declared ourselves semi-dormant. For the time being we are offering our members two meetings per year, in spring/summer a lunch meeting either in Antwerp or Rotterdam with a keynote speaker and an end-of-the-year party with dinner and entertainment at the end of November/beginning of December.
Our members will be notified by e-mail about the exact dates in good time. It goes without saying that, if the US Forces should return to the Benelux, the sequence of our meetings will increase. In the meantime the port activities of the 598th Transportation Brigade are being continued through both the Port of Antwerp and the Port of Rotterdam. Apart from the above NDTA organizes a yearly Forum in the USA and bi-yearly a one day European Conference.
This is to inform you on the next annual training workshop for traffic management personnel and dangerous goods safety advisors.
This year we are placing emphasis on ocean cargo. You are welcome to participate. We will provide for more details towards the end of May. We may contact certain companies to provide for speakers on the main subject. We hope those of you
contacted can support. If you wish to set up a display informing about your
services let me know.
On 31 August we also plan for a senior leader panel to include representatives from the service components and from the air mobility command.
More to follow.
Kurt P. Lengert
VP NDTA European Region
Com: (+49)(0) 6371-405-1301
Mobile: (+49) (0) 152 54751285
NDTA Golf Tournament
Download (PDF, 698KB)